5 Top tips for parents dealing with bullying / anger management:
1) Allow your child to express their angry feelings. Children experience their feelings in a very intense way, and are not always able to understand how or why they are feeling this way.
2) It’s important that Parents manage their own range of feelings. in particular, angry feelings. Children who are related to in an angry way can become compliant or highly defiant.
3) Restoring the Childs’s belief in themselves by mirroring back their good aspects to build self esteem.
4) Reassure the child that he/she can seek help from appropriate caregivers such as teachers in class room situations.
5) The better the relationship with parent/s the more secure the child will feel and securely attached children will speak about all of their feeling.
Maria McGrane is a child Psychotherapist and co-founder of Parental Pathways. Find more information about Parental Pathways here: www.parentalpathways.ie